First things first, for those who have heard of the game but aren’t sure how it’s played, basically, instead of being a blog or a snake, you embody a small tank. The object of the game, like Agar.io and Slither.io is to become the biggest baddest tank around and it requires demolishing tanks around you in order to get there. However, in Diep.io it takes a little more skill than knowing how to dodge or dash at the right times. In Diep.io we’ve also got stat points and tank classes that add complexity to the gameplay.
- To play the game, you need to visit Diep.io, type in a username and you’ll be taken to a familiar looking game grid with your tiny tank in the middle (blue circle with tiny grey square attached).
- Obstacles in the game, which you need to shoot in order to gain experience and later level up, include colored squares, triangles and pentagons.
- To shoot simply point your mouse at your target and click the left mouse button or tap the space bar (alternatively, you can hold down either the left mouse or space bar for continuous shots).
- To move around the grid, use your arrow keys
- When you destroy shapes or other tanks your tank level bar begins to fill. Once it’s full you level up.
- Each time your Tank levels up you gain a stat point which allows you to add stats to your tank like health, bullet speed, penetration – there are eight district stats you can upgrade using points (more on those below). You get a stat point for each level up until you hit 30.
- When you reach level 15 tank you can choose what class of tank you want to belong to – there are four. Each class, just like stats, adds a unique element to your gameplay (more on tank classes below).